How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 32188
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a yeast infection, thought it was cleared bit then had

Customer Question

I had a yeast infection, thought it was cleared bit then had sex with my bf using scented oils, not really for use in that area, and now I have a rash! Can you get that from using scented oils?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi--yes you can. Many people are allergic to those oils and they can cause a contact dermatitis

You can try oral Benadryl or Claritin and topical cortisone cream but it would be best to have a doctor look at this to make the correct diagnosis

Let me know if you need more information please