How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5660
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having bad pain in my hands. In my joints and knuckles.

Customer Question

I am having bad pain in my hands. In my joints and knuckles. About 4 weeks ago a lump grew on my middle thumb joint and is still there. At the time I was passing a kidney stone so I didn't have it looked at. It is slightly disfigured. I am also losing strength in them and having difficulty opening jars, typing, buttoning a shirt, etc.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you should see a doctor and get blood testing to check for rheumatoid arthritis or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.

this is an autoimmune disorder where your body's immune system is attacking your joints and knuckles and fingers and wrists.

there are treatments for RA

but you have to see a doctor to get testing

do you have a doctor who can tests for RA for you?