How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17827
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been diagnosed with chronic granulomata in the

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with chronic granulomata in the spleen. I have several auto immune issues and wonder about sarcoidosis. What can you tell me with regard to treatment?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Sarcoidosis can affect spleen.

The treatment would include steroid.

Other treatment options are immunomodulating agents like methotrexate, chloroquine, azathioprine, cyclophosphamide, infliximab etc.

Doctor can start with steroid.

In granulomatous disease, stem cell transplant can be considered.

In this condition, antifungal, antibiotic can be required.

INF -gamma therapy can be used.

I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.