How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 32781
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is currently having problems with a canker sore in

Customer Question

Hello there! My son is currently having problems with a canker sore in his mouth. It is about a quarter inch in diameter on his interior front bot***** *****p. He's had it going on about a week and it doesn't seem to be getting any better, only worse. Is there an over-the-counter treatment that can help us? We tried the salt water and that didn't seem to help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.


Orabase or Oragel ointment along with Biotene oral rinse can help here. If that doesn't take care of it he'll need a prescription for a Medrol Dosepak

Let me know if you need more information please