Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I sweat profusely mostly from my head, lower back, and groin

Customer Question
Hello, I sweat profusely mostly...
Hello, I sweat profusely mostly from my head, lower back, and groin from even the slightest form of physical activity. This began about a year ago. At the same time I also developed alot of mucus that is constantly in my throat and won't go away. i constantly have to clear my throat. Im curious of what could be causing these things?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
10/18/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Increased sweating can be due to several causes.

Anxiety tension itself is a cause of increased sweating.

Among other non medical causes alcohol, coffee, hot weather have role.

Common medical causes are increased thyroid activity, infection.

Growth or tumor, lung disease can also cause it.

The secretion at the back of throat can be from an infection.

Allergy, postnasal drip, reflux can also be factors.

You need to discuss with your doctor about the various possibilities causing the excess sweating & he may investigate to find out the exact causes of your symptom.

Treatment then can be directed towards the specific cause.

You can apply otc aluminium chloride solution like drysol to the areas affected most by sweating.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.

Regards.

I'm sorry I don't know what I expected here thinking that this problem could be helped by asking a question on the internet but i'm really not satisfied paying 22 dollars to be told to go to a doctor. I just got charged over a 1000 dollars by a doctor only to be told to take a decongestant.

I am sorry for your problem.

As we can not examine you or write tests, it is illegal to write a prescription from history alone.

It is not ethical too.

We can only suggest some ways.

You can take antiallergy medicine like zyrtec for throat secretion.

Nexium can help if it is due to reflux.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)