How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17827
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was prescribed an antibiotic for a uti but I cannot take

Customer Question

I was prescribed an antibiotic for a uti but I cannot take these medicines. I don't have burning or other symptoms but the urethra is the pain. Seems to sometimes go away and then it comes back when I lay down or at night in bed when I am trying to sleep. Should I see a urologist?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She said there was just a trace when she did the dip stick test in the clinic. I need other alternatives for these antibiotics because I get to sick and afraid to take them. And does cranberry concentrate work? And does cranberry juice work for home remedies. My temperature seems low like 97 but not sure if the thermometor is correct. I feel a little spacey and weird.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.


Thank you for your question.

I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

In UTI symptoms can be varied.
There can be minimal symptoms in mild infection.

If the urine culture confirms infection, then it is better to take the antibiotic.

The effectiveness of cranberry in UTI is still not established.

You can read this link on it.

Please try to take plenty of fluid.

If you feel weird & spacey, then you need to take an urgent review by doctor.

An examination in urgent care or ER can be considered.

Other issues can be there too like dehydration, electrolyte changes, systemic infection.

A consultation with urologist will be helpful.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.