Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I fell on my wrist/hand on the pavement on Saturday

Customer Question

I fell on my wrist/hand on the pavement on Saturday afternoon. Now 48 hours later I have a little pain and very little stiffness in my hand and wrist. I am not experiencing the other normal symptoms of a broken wrist or hand like swelling, severe pain, tenderness, bruising or numbness or inability to move fingers. I took ibuprofen a couple times but not in the last 24 hours. My only concern is my left wrist bone (the injured one) appears a little bigger in comparison to the other. I am left handed too. I just don't remember if that is part of my normal anatomy to have that bone a little bigger. 30 years ago I had a minor break in that wrist from a car accident. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 2 years ago.

Well as you describe,it may be possible to have some soft tissue injury/swelling due to recurrent accidents on that same area.

It's good to apply warm compresses and do gentle massage on affected area for few days.

Also continue Motrin for next 2-3 days.

If such enlargement/difference persist along with pain more than a week then X-ray should be considered.

Wear ace bandage also.

Hope this helps.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.