Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine at Self employed
61885400

Hat does it mean when they talk about SUV on pet scan in

Customer Question

hat does it mean when they talk about SUV on pet scan in lung mass and lymph nodes?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

SUV stands for "standard uptake value", which is.related to the activity in masses and lymph nodes. Cancerous cells show increased SUV. Please let me know if you need more informations!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My suv in lung mass was3.1 and enlarged inguinal lymph nodes were suv of 3.7 what does it mean

The enlargement didn't give a diagnosis. It may bc cancer, but tuberculosis or rheumatic diseases are also possible. Further investigations are necessary.

How are you doing? Is there any news about the mass? Do you have another question concerning this issue?

if not, I thank you for a friendly rating for my effort and wish you all the luck you need!