Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Can I ask you wuestion about the Promethius IBD test

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
9/11/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

What do you know about it first, then tell me your question about it

Just thatbit can test to see if someone symptoms might be related to ibd or not

It's a problematic test. The sensitivity and specificity aren't all that high, so, for example, 23% of people positive for Crohn's with the test don't have Crohn's, and 30% of the people who negative for Crohn's actually do have Crohn's

what if you have The genetic mutations

You obviously know more about it than you indicated at first. Let's cut to the chase--what exactly was the point of your question?

If I have 3/4 of the genetic mutations could it still be wrongl

So have you had it? Sometimes getting the necessary information from you is like pulling hen's teeth

U know i have

No, not that specific test but why are you asking about it now?

because if it says chrohns and i habe 3 out of the 4 genetically mutations then why doesnt my gi think i have it

We've gone over this time and time again and you know full well I don't know why your GI doesn't think you have it

well do you

Yes and you're making me repeat myself for at least the fourth time

i am frustrated I get really bad abd painfever/ mucousy stools and it will
Wventually go away

Why exactly did you bother to open this page?

injust want to figure the crohns thing out. If you dont want to help me thats fine but you dont have to be rude about it

I'm not being rude if I just state the facts. It's not a question of not helping you. I think you have Crohn's and I've said that several times. It's just that so far on this page we haven't moved an inch forward in the discussion about Crohn's.

I want to know what the mutations mean

All I'm going to say is with your history, symptoms and testing so far--including the genetetic tests-- I think you definitely have Crohn's. There's really no need to go any further

please dont opt out this is important to me. Will you explain what the genetimutations mean?

That means you likely have Crohn'ss but it has to be taken in context along with your history and physical symptoms

if i go see a new Gi is there any tests i shoukd ask for

No--for now just have him go over all your previous workup

Is it possible for colon cancer to show up 15 months after a colonoscopy?

Anything's possible but it wouldn't be able to grow to the size that would cause symptoms in that short a period of time

Are you sure? There is something going on with my digestive system

Yes I'm sure.

Time to close this page

Why wont you let me continue if its on the same topic

We've covered two topics here. And we've gone over and over about your digestive problems so basically I just don't have anything useful to add

One last question

That's something you ask a lot, but ok--just one and just one answer

http://s890.photobucket.com/user/millerkat7048/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsd4931f1c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=25
http://s890.photobucket.com/user/millerkat7048/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscbkgtxre.jpeg.html
What is this

Can you at least tell me where it's from?

Sorry. Inhad it typed. It is on my wrist. Where my fit bit sits. It is only that spot

Looks like a patch of eczema but it could also be ringworm

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)