Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Will i pass an egg test after drinking 6 beers 48 hours ago

Customer Question

will i pass an egg test after drinking 6 beers 48 hours ago
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am 32, yrs old.
5'10''
167 lbs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the lab used is millennium health, in ny. i do not know their cutoff numbers for a positive result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i drank 2 beers 72 hours before the etg as well. so 8 beers within 72 hours, or 6 within 48 hours. i did not drink alcohol for several days prior.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The chances are good that you won't pass the test--that the metabolite will be detected and be above the cutoff level. Just so you'll know there is no detox system of any kind that can rid your body of the metabolite

Let me know if you need more information please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i please see your calculations? or is your answer based on your opinion?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Not sure what you meant by calculations but here's a link for you

http://www.forensicdrugtesting.net/alcohol-tests.html

After the amount you drank the level should be above the 500ng/ml level.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i read that prior to asking my question. i was under the impression that you would be able to provide a more calculated answer.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

No problem but what do you mean by calculated answer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by my height and weight and average metabolism and amount drank i was hoping you could estimate my levels
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A person that consumes 3 drinks can only have a detectable level of EtG for approximately 20 to 24 hours and peaks at approximately 9 hours with an EtG level around 15,000 ng/mL.i drank slightly less than 6 beers, 48 hours before being tested.i was wondering where you came to the conclusion that i would fail the test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that first line is a quote from the article that you sent me.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

OK. The half life of the metabolite is about three hours and considering the total amount you drank, given your total amount of consumption that would likely make your level at the time of testing above the 500 level. I'm just saying this isn't just my opinion but given your circumstances the chances are high that you won't pass

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. The half life of the metabolite is about three hours and considering the total amount you drank, given your total amount of consumption that would likely make your level at the time of testing above the 500 level. I'm just saying this isn't just my opinion but given your circumstances the chances are high that you won't passCan i see the calculations made to determine this, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Among persons who are not alcoholics participating in controlled drinking studies, ethanol has been detected in urine samples for up to 2 days after drinking approximately the equivalent of six 12 ounce glasses of beer. - See more at: http://www.nmslabs.com/NewsArticle8.aspx#sthash.FNmRu6XX.dpuf
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but with all your own researching I'm not sure what more you need for me to tell you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was hoping that you would have a more detailed response. i was led to believe that there would be a more calculated answer
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

What calculations exactly would you like to see?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you know the half life of the metabolites, and the amount of metabolites (slightly less than 6 beers with), how long would it take to pass. those sort of calculations. is the information that i forwarded correct? according to it, i would pass. i don't mean to argue this, but it is very important to me that i know whether i will pass or not because i need to prepare. thank you for understanding.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Well if you're asking how long it would take to pass after about 60 hours after the last drink you should pass. I was under the assumption you had already taken the test

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the test exactly 48 hours after my last drink. May I please see the calculations that led you to 60 hrs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is vital that I know whether or not I will fail.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

I'm saying that 60 hours would be enough time for the test to be negative. At the 48 hour level you still have a reasonable chance of passing. The 80 hour limit that one finds on the internet is just not correct