Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I have hearing compromised by my multiple sclerosis; but I

Customer Question

I have hearing compromised by my multiple sclerosis; but I seem to hear water running every few minutes. What shall I do?
Keith Dunnington
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 2 years ago.

I can understand your concern.

As per your description,possible differential diagnosis of such symptoms may include

-fluid in your ear (in the middle ear space deep to the eardrum or in the external ear canal).

-tinnitus.The most common cause of this is damage to the microscopic endings of the hearing nerve in the inner ear.Other causes are:hearing nerve impairment due to advanced age,wax build up or foreign objects in the ear canal, ear or sinus infections,exposure to loud noise,diseases of the central nervous system like MS.

Some specific tests like an Audiogram,ABR or auditory brain response, acoustic reflex test or tympanogram at an ENT clinic.

So I advice you to make an appointment with your ENT doctor.

Tinnitus maskers can be advised.

Hope this helps.

I'm here to discuss further queries until you get satisfied with our conversation.
Please press reply button rather than give poor/bad service.
Positive feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 2 years ago.

I can understand your concern.

Tinnitus maskers can be advised.

Hope this helps.

Positive feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.