Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Last week or so my left arm has been going numb as well as

Customer Question

for the last week or so my left arm has been going numb as well as my right. I'mI'm a medical assistant and work for a family.medicine office and I still cannot understand what's going on. I have no neck pain, except starting today my left arm is absolutely killing me with a ache that i cannot shake, and is from my wrist to my shoulder and suddenly the left side of.my neck muscles feel a little sore too. My left upper jaw is starting to hurt as well
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pain is actually throbbing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also no problems with range of motion. My right arm is absolutely fine. Yesterday I had a few sharp chest pains that I was sure were in my heart but I tried to blame it on anxiety at work
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Even without a neck problem one can have a disk problem in the cervical spine so you need an MRI of that. That said, I can't fully say this isn't a brain problem like a transient ischemic attack and with the left jaw and arm pain we could even be talking cardiac. So basically you need to see your doctor right away for an exam and a cardiac workup too and a brain MRI if he feels that's warranted

Let me know if you need more information please