Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My husband has a serious looking eye problem. s iris has

Customer Question

hello my husband has a serious looking eye problem. his iris has changed size and shape and he has what look like black shading or spots in his cornea. I'm not really sure what it is. I wish I could post a photo to show you.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a photo I took of his eye.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In may I noticed a black spot, and when I questioned him he has not gotten hurt and or received any injuries to the head/face. He has no pain in his eye. He does get weak at the knees and finds the need to sit down. The blackness looks to be growing and the pupil has now changed shape. Not sure what this is.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

This is called as Aniscoria. This has varied causes from nothing significant to life threatening. With the changes in the eye and history of weakness in knees, I would like to rule out anything related to brain and the nerve which controls the pupil (occulomotor nerve). Glaucoma (where the eye ball pressure increases) can also cause this. Inflammation of the iris termed uveitis also is responsible for these findings. He should be examined as early as possible. He may consider going to either emergency room or urgent care clinic for the evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Hope you husband is doing good.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Hope your husband is doing good.

Let me know the diagnosis, if possible.

Thank you.

Best wishes and kindest regards,