Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have a swollen labia on one side. It does not look like a

Customer Question

I have a swollen labia on one side. It does not look like a Bartholan's Gland cyst, but rather the entire right side seems to be swollen and longer. It is mildly painful when I walk and sit. There was no sex before the swelling, although I did find that I was itchy and scratched a bit. No trauma to the area, no unusual discharge or odors. Any thoughts?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

A one side Jock itch can cause inflammation of the labia on one side and ther other symptoms you are experiencing. An application of the over the counter yeast cream like Monistat is likely to resolve the itch, scratch feeling and swelling.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you.