Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I just took 2 apoquel pills meant for my dog. I wasn't

Customer Question

I just took 2 apoquel pills meant for my dog. I wasn't paying attention of course and thinking they were mine. I'm 71 year old female, weigh 175 lbs. I have not taken my evening meds Lisinopril, lovastatin. This happened about 15 minutes ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 2 years ago.

Do you have associated symptoms?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 2 years ago.

APOQUEL (oclacitinib tablet) is used for the control of pruritus associated with allergic dermatitis and the control of atopic dermatitis in dogs.

Apoquel is recommended only for veterinary use. And it's not safe for human and may increase susceptibility to infection.

Apoquel can cause acute gastrointestinal Toxicity and even cause damage to respiratory and nervous system and result in shortness of breath,unconsciousness after ingestion a small amount. So it's good to get an urgent medical attention.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.