Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I feel my left ear throbbing with no pain, it is just

Customer Question

I feel my left ear throbbing with no pain, it is just annoying
Category: Health
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I suffer from sinusitis, and I have to do irrigations with steroids to aleviate sinus. Thank you Eva McDonald
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay
Can you tell me more about this and how long it's been going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has been on for a week. As I said I have tremendous problems with sinus. I also would like to ask you if you agree that operating polips I will have a relieve in breathing, they say that it comes back. I operated my sinus in 1974 and it is back. Thanks Eva McDonald
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Eva--can you tell me what you mean by throbbing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not know how to explain. It is sometimes like bunguing my ear (internally) sometimes throbing as when we have a wound or a tooth ache. I hope this helps. It is never like voices or ringing.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--so does the ear feel stuffy? Like it needs to pop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
exactly.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. You have what's called a patulous or blocked Eustachian tube--the tube from your middle ear to your nasopharynx that stabilizes the air pressure across your ear drum. If you've tried saline nasal irrigation and that hasn't helped you'll need to see a doctor for a course of oral prednisone to resolve it.
Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have polyps. Some people say that they return if you operate . but I really can not breath well, although I do saline with steroids irrigation , the shrunk but not enough for me to breath well. What do you think?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do they still pack your nose when we have the sinus operation? I find that very unpleasant
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Oh, sorry--I forgot about that part of your question
Polyp removal is required if the polyps are blocking the nostril airway or the sinuses and, yes the packing after surgery is still done