Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I feel a bruit sensation in the bottom of my right foot,

Customer Question

I feel a bruit sensation in the bottom of my right foot, there no swelling numbness or discoloration. Strong pedal pulse, should I go to the emergency room.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 2 years ago.
What is your age and gender?
Do you have lower back pain?
Prolonged hours of standing or sitting in same position?
Since how long have you been suffering from?
Any other medical history?
Are you taking any medications?
History of Diabetes,Hypertension?
Thanks.
Waiting for your response.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Age 52, current med heart healthy supplement, no hx htn or DM, no back pain, no prolong standing or sitting, surgery 3 years ago on this foot for broken ankle, noticed this first time, occasionally it stops
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 2 years ago.
It’s my first priority to serve you.
Thanks for providing more information.
This is usually not a sign of anything serious. Blood vessels have muscles in their walls which can tighten, or even go into spasm temporarily.
Also this is due to muscle twitches in your foot.
The most likely cause for such twitching is an electrolyte imbalance.
Other possible cause may include peripheral neuropathy. Peripheral neuropathy can give rise to various sensations like tingling, pain, numbness, vibration, etc. A pulse like sensation is also possible.
If the symptoms persist, you should discuss about peripheral neuropathy with your doctor.
You may need tests like Nerve conduction tests to diagnose your condition.
In the meantime you can take self care measures like hydrate yourself with oral rehydration solution, maintaining optimum weight, proper diet, vitamin supplements, exercise.
You should also take Vitamin B 12 and Vitamin E supplements.
Warm compresses and gentle massage can be helpful.
You needn't to visit ER.
Otherwise consult your doctor in next few days for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.
If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.