How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17815
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am experiencing a vaginal discharge that smells like fish

Customer Question

Hello, I am experiencing a vaginal discharge that smells like fish when it dries and tastes like... Well... Shampoo or chemicals. No itching or burning. Been also experiencing more stretchy discharge than usual. Any idea what this could be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Since when are you having this symptom?
Are you sexually active?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had this issue after a new sex partner (swears hes clean and free of stds).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not experiencing any burning or itching, just profuse discharge every now and then, been noticing more egg white discharge. I get cramping every now and then that comes and goes...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The discharge looks white on toilet paper
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information,
The symptoms can be due to bacterial vaginosis.
Symptoms can vary.
There may not be itching or burning.
This may not be a STD.
However, you need to get a swab test.
A mixed fungal infection needs to be ruled out too.
I would suggest to take an examination by your doctor.
You can need a course of metronidazole.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.