Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Dr German my 16 months old son has a wet sounding cough (

Customer Question

Dr German my 16 months old son has a wet sounding cough ( not all the time )and one episode of fever last night around 11 pm ( didn't check temp )after swallowing a lot of pool water on Wednesday at 5 pm. Don't know if it's a coincidence and he has a viral illness or if he has secondary drowning. His breathing right now ( asleep) appears to be shallow and definitely increased in frequency. I notice some nasal secretions as well around 11 pm. Do you think it is secondary drowning? I'm worried since I can pinpoint the start of the symptoms just right after that episode. After swallowing the water he was coughing a lot of about 5 minutes and had trouble getting the water out. Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 2 years ago.
In my opinion it is ideal that you should consult his doctor for auscultation and if possible chest x-ray to rule out any fluid build up in the lungs.
More likely it seems to be a viral infection in first place.
Probably his doctor may want to prescribe anti histaminic and anti pyretic as well for symptomatic management of symptoms.
I hope this helps
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 2 years ago.
If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.