Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I went to a quick care nurse practitioner today with what

Customer Question

I went to a quick care nurse practitioner today with what I'm sure is a bladder infection. I got an antibiotic Levofloxacin 500mg. I took one. It is now 3hours later and I am still peeing red blood and have noticed clots in the toilet. Just want to know that it is ok?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi-what are your symptoms and did you get a urinalysis at the quick care?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Since I didn't hear back from you I'll go ahead and answer
This is pretty abnormal for a simple bladder infection. It may clear up by tomorrow or the next day with the Cipro, but if that doesn't happen you need to be re-evaluated with a kidney and bladder ultrasound to look for a kidney stone and possibly something called interstitial cystitis which is a bladder inflammation but not from an infection