How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 29251
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are both in our 70s and very much in love. The

Customer Question

My wife and I are both in our 70s and very much in love.
The problem is, my libido has gone to Mexico but my wife's has gone to the North Pole.
Since I have a history of heart problems, my doctor will not let me have Viagra or any sex enhancement drugs.
It is a very frustrating problem and I need help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

I understand your frustration.

Penile pump an ring are the only nonpharmacological safe option for you.

This should be tried first.

If no improvement, then you can consider local prostaglandin option.

Alprostadil is available in pellet forms ( Muse) to be inserted into the urethra just before sexual activity.

The systemic side effects are much less and considered safe even in heart condition.

This can be discussed with a urologist.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile: