Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I've woken up in the middle of the night with an itch inside

Customer Question

I've woken up in the middle of the night with an itch inside the head of my penis for the last 2 nights.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 years ago.
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
The most likely cause of night time itch is yeast (fungal) infection. An over the counter cream like Monistat is likely to eradicate the infection. Wearing a cotton underwear and keeping the area dry; would be recommended.
Having said that; if you have history of unsafe sex; you may consider a STD screening for caution.
It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
Thank you.