Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have been having baxk pain on my left side right below the

Customer Question

I have been having baxk pain on my left side right below the rib cage it feels like, neon green stool and stomach pains along with leg and arm pains. Any help?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome,
I am Dr. Arun and would be helping you today.
Your symptoms can be due to large intestine inflammation. Colon lies at the back of the abdomen and also causes green stool. You may need a course of antibiotics like Metrogyl, if the symptoms aggravate. The initial management is as following;
1) PeptoBismol
2) Lomotil; may only be given if you have diarrhea.
3) Gatorade / Pedialyte
4) Plenty of fluids
5) BRAT diet; banana, rice, applesauce, toast. Vegetable broths / vegetable soups, coconut water also can help.
6) Probiotics; available over the counter.
You may take Ibuprofen or acetaminophen if the pain is significant (moderate to severe).
The other possibilities to rule out would be liver and gall bladder inflammation. This would need a physical exam, blood test and ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis.
It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
Thank you.
Wishing you all the very best in life.
A green stool is caused by the undigest bile salts running through the irritated intestines so are undigested and thus the color of stools.
Any infection in the body including intestinal infection causes body-ache or leg or arm pain.
You may also try Pepto-Bismol,, if the symptoms are persisting.
Hope you are doing good.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.
Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.
This additional service offer can be used for
- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.
Thank you.