Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a question my girlfriends son is having problems

Customer Question

Hello, I have a question my girlfriends son is having problems he is about 13 years old, his skin is cold to the touch, nausia, pale, mild stomach pains, lathrugic, he is able to focus
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome,I am Dr. Arun and would help you today. Since when are his symptoms?Any significant past medical illness?What are the investigations done and treatment tried?
Hello,It seems that you are offline. This is an initial answer according to the information you have provided. We can discuss it further. Please feel free to ask further questions.This can be mild intestinal infection. The initial management is as following; 1) PeptoBismol2) Lomotil; may only be given if the diarrhea or loose motions are present and are vigorous.3) Gatorade / Pedialyte4) Plenty of fluids5) BRAT diet; banana, rice, applesauce, toast. Vegetable broths / vegetable soups, coconut water also can help.6) ProbioticsIf there is abdominal tenderness (pain on touching the abdomen), pain is moderate to severe; you should go to urgent care clinic, emergency room or to your primary care physician. Acute appendicitis may initially present like it and this and other significant ailment should be ruled out by the physical exam and investigations. Please feel free for your follow up questions. I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.