How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17813
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been having pain months now and been to the GP

Customer Question

I have been having pain for 5 months now and been to the GP and Rheumatologist with no help. I have pain when I grip and drive or move my fingers in general. It causes pain in both elbow joints and and burning in my lower biceps. I have tried anti-inflams and rest but that didn't help. I took oral pred which helped but side effects were awful. I still have no diagnosis as the rheumatologist said I just needed to rest. Please help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Did rheumatologist or GP take any test?Are you taking any other medicine now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just physical exams. I am not on any other medication.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information,I would suggest to take a few tests.You can take rheumatoid factor, uric acid, anti CCP, ESR, CRP etc.Those would help to find out specific treatment for you.Meanwhile, if you have gastric upset from steroids, you can take it after food, with antacids or nexium. I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.