Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I've been feeling fuzzy headed and anxious for about a week.

Customer Question
Some headaches on top of...
I've been feeling fuzzy headed and anxious for about a week. Some headaches on top of my head. I've had tinnitus for about 18 months. BP is sometimes borderline, usually just high diastolic around 95 systolic is fine. All week I have felt not myself. Difficulty concentrating on tasks for work. Started last Friday when I was on the phone to a client and felt really fluttery in the chest and had to sit down. Generally fit, train 3,4 times a week. Not overweight. Binge drink sometimes at weekends and have sometimes had similar feeling the next day after having had a drink and in a meeting, but never lasted as long as this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
7/16/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Do you have neck stiffness?
Clogged ears?
Stuffy nose?
Muffled hearing?
Heaviness in chest?
Are you taking any medications?
Nausea?
Thanks.
Waiting for your response.
Maybe a little tight in the neck nothing too noticeable, my posture isn't perfect working on screens quite a lot and I pad etc.
No nausea, no clogged ears, no stuffy nose, occasional fluttery feeling in the chest wouldn't describe it as heavy, no prescription meds. No muffled hearing just tinnitus that I've had for a while now. Also slightly clammy hands.
I pulled a muscle in my back about a week ago but that seems to have cleared up
Took my BP today 117/94 and 121/96 so diastolic a little high but I am quite anxious!!
It’s my first priority to serve you.
Thanks for providing more information.
Well as you describe,the sensation of fluttering relates to changes in heart rate and rhythms.
These changes can occur for brief periods due to stress/anxiety, fever/illness, during/after strenuous exercise,low blood sugars, hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), electrolyte abnormalities,cardiac arrhythmia and anemia or for no known reason. Caffeine, tobacco, alcohol can also aggravating factors.
If palpitations are accompanied by lightheadedness,dizziness,headache, chest pain, sweating, or shortness of breath then it is strongly recommended to visit ER ASAP.
EKG must be done in your case.
Apart from this,cervical spondylosis should be ruled out as well in your case which can cause neck stiffness,tingling sensation,pain in arm,chest,dizziness,headache.
You should maintain a good posture.
Also take proper rest and avoid any strenuous physical activity for a while.
Avoid alcohol.
Also take Aspirin.
Eat low fat diet.
Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.
Do gentle massage and apply warm compresses on back of neck.
It's good to see a doctor ASAP.
If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)