Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I stepped on a nail Sunday evening around 8:00 pm and had a

Customer Question

I stepped on a nail Sunday evening around 8:00 pm and had a tetanus booster around 11 pm. I'm 29 but don't remember the last time I had a tetanus shot if ever. Now it's Wednesday I'm noticing some muscle twitching in my left leg calf muscle are and maybe a little higher at times. I don't know if I'm making these happen from worrying and thinking about it so much or if I need medical attention be the booster wasn't enough.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Did you tell the doctor that gave you the booster that you don't know for sure if you've ever had a tetanus vaccination?
Is it just the one area that's twitching and how often is that happening?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did tell them and they sd I would have had to to attend school.Yea it's pretty much in that one area and I'm noticing it more and more but I don't know if it's bc I'm starting to really pay attention. It doesn't hurt doesn't feel like muscle is really getting tight just a fluttery feel
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Then there really is no worry here about your having contracted tetanus. You got the booster well within the standard time frame which is up to 10 days after the puncture wound.
The twitching might be from a magnesium deficiency so you should see a doctor and get that checked out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it 100% fatal
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, tetanus can be treated with immune globulin but as I said before you don't have to worry about that