Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I went to the ER the other day. I fell at work amd injured…

Customer Question
I went to the ER...
I went to the ER the other day. I fell at work amd injured my rt hand and left knee. my BP was 165/100. should I worry?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
7/2/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
It seems your requested expert is not on line.
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Though stress, anxiety from trauma can raise the blood pressure, but this level needs to be followed up with your doctor.
I would suggest to have it measured by your doctor in relaxed condition.
This would find out the exact level of your blood pressure.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.
I feel like I got a general answer that I already knew. I plan to follow up with a doctor.
To be more specific about your level of blood pressure, mild hypertension is systolic blood pressure 140 to 159 mmHg or the diastolic 90 to 99 mmHg.
Moderate to severe is systolic blood pressure 160 mmHg and over or the diastolic 100 mmHg and over.
So your level falls in the category of moderate to severe stage.
However, this needs to be confirmed at a second consultation with doctor.