How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 31675
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my syster in law who is visiting as in the usa. She

Customer Question

I have my syster in law who is visiting as in the usa. She forgot to bring her back up birth control pills and we are trying to see if she can get an Rx for birth control pills here with the same drug as the ones she takes. The birth control pills that she is currently taking has the following drugs listed: nomegestrol acetato 2.5mg-estradiol 1.5mg.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Can't she see a doctor at a walk-in clinic?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They want to charge us $ 200 just for the visit. So We went to the mini clinic at cvs but they do not prescribe birth control.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well unfortunately we don't give prescriptions here and to do so would constitute malpractice and jeopardize a doctor's license since it would be for a person he had never seen in his office.
I do have other suggestions if you'd like to continue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
There are much less expensive ways than that walk-in clinic.
One would be the local Health Department and the other would be a WalMart medical clinic.
She just needs to check other places out.