Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have two bulging disk in back that put pressure on my

Customer Question
sciatic nerve.The pain is not...
I have two bulging disk in back that put pressure on my sciatic nerve.The pain is not with me all the time.If I move wrong like bending over the wrong way have to bend at knees sleep wrong,must sleep on back only or sneeze to hard then the pain hits.Wear back brace that gives some help but can not sleep with brace.My doctor had me on 10/325 Oxycodone up to five times a day as needed.He retired last month and I am having a hard time trying to find a new pain doctor that is taking new patience's.I have enough pills to last me two weeks longer if I cut back to three a day.My old doctor would wright my script for a three month supply so I did not have to see him every month.Been on oxycodone for three years.Tried back surrey to fuse disk but did not work.Was afraid to try more surrey because he said I might end up in wheelchair. Can you help me please.Without the pain meds the pain becomes unbearable. On a scale of 1 to 10 when it hits it is an 8
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
6/30/2015
Health Professional: Karel1, Certified Respiratory Therapist replied 2 years ago
Karel1
Karel1, Certified Respiratory Therapist

This site is for medical information only and do not write pain medications. You would need to go to a pain management doctor. You can however. go to the website. Doctors on demand. For $40 you can speak to a physician and they would write you a prescription. However because oxycodone is a narcotic script. I believe you need to hand the hard copy to the pharmacy, so the md might have to mail you one. Otherwise you can go to the emergency room of the local hospital and explain your situation. Did you consider trying methadone for pain. Ive myself from too many steroid epidurals for my sciatica developed shingles, which turned into permanent nerve damage and pain is horrendous. There also is duragesic, fentanyl patch which you change every 72 hours which also is good for pain. I also found literally lying on an ice pack . is good. There are Lidoderm patches . All of these pain management does. I hope this helps you some.