Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had a full/true anersysm in the brachial artery just

Customer Question
before it splits in two...
I had a full/true anersysm in the brachial artery just before it splits in two in the right arm. They repaired the aneurysm and performed a bypass on the other side of it. One year later I can see the pulses of the artery under the skin. This is something new I saw. Should I go see the surgeon?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
6/30/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Yes, it is uncommon to split in the arm.
The pulsation can be due to dilation & tortuousness of artery in the bypass channel.
I would suggest to get it examined by surgeon.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.
I was hoping for more detail about the possibility of whats happening. I have started for the last month doing push ups.
After the repair the blood is flowing through the new channels.
This would also flow through the arteries present under the skin.
The volume of blood has increased through these arteries.
Work out would increase flow too.
So they become dilated gradually to accommodate it.
Any obstruction to flow or ectasia/ aneurysm needs to be checked by surgeon.
Ultrasound doppler study, angio may be needed if surgeon feels.