Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Can i take ibuprofen, solumedrol drip - 1000mg and imuran

Customer Question

can i take ibuprofen, solumedrol drip - 1000mg and imuran same day?yes, I have optic neuritis and am having a flare up, new MRI is fine, no MS. I take 150 mg of Imuran a day, now on a 3 day solu medrol drip. and still having eye pain so wondering if I can take some ibuprofen
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There is a moderate risk of getting abnormal bleeding, stomach ulcer and black stools if you take ibuprofen with solumedrol. It's not necessary but to be on safe side, you should avoid taking ibuprofen. However you can take two tablets of Tylenol three times a day safely for pain relief. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for the response, but I believe that being on auto-immune suppressant drug (Imuran) that I am unable to take Tylenol so that is why I am trying to figure out if Ibuprofen is safe?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your input. There is no drug interaction between imuran and Tylenol. You can take Tylenol in your case safely. I reassure you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards