Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Back in sep of 2014 my bf and I began dating. In oct a

Customer Question
previous partner of his contacted...
Back in sep of 2014 my bf and I began dating. In oct a previous partner of his contacted him to say shed contracted chlamydia from him. At that time we both took antibiotics. In nov I went back to make sure it was gone. My swabs were rejected for lack of vaginal fluid and I never want back to retest and neither did he. Recently we split up for a 3 week time frame and I wasn't consistent with my birth control. So, I since we'd been intimate I went to the dr to get the morning after pill and renew my birth control. They also did routine std testing. A few days later I got a call that I'd tested positive for chlamydia. Even tho we'd split up I didn't jump to any conclusions and assumed that we'd just never gotten rid of it. We weren't very safe with the first round of antibiotics we took. So, I got more mess and told my bf that we needed to take them. We took them but again we fooled around and I didn't feel safe. Fortunately, the first time he got told he had chlamydia we both received double meds so we had a whole other set of antibiotics left. We decided to take yet another dose. Then we still weren't safe so I had my bf go to the dr to get another round of antibiotics. They of course tested him and gave hi antibiotics for both of us. His results, however; came back negative. I absolutely did not sleep with anyone else. I've not had any sexual contact with anyone but him since we started dating and even during our brief breakup. The only thing I can think it that because we'd taken 2 rounds of antibiotics previously and about 2 weeks had past, the std was gone. My other assumption is that I had a false positive or he had a false negative. The issue is now he thinks I cheated on him. I actually contracted the std from hi and now I look like the guilty party. How can I logically explain this??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
6/30/2015
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
This is Dr. David
it is much much more likely that he is cheating on you and having sex with someone else who is giving him chlamydia which he is passing to you
if you are not sleeping with anyone else and only having sex with him, that means he is giving you chlamydia.
there is no other way around it. when you were broken up, he most likely was having sex with other people.
let me know if you have questions.
If that's the case then when why would I be the one with positive chlamydia results and why would he have negative results? That makes no sense to me.
you and him were both taking antibiotics and having sex prior to getting tested
his antibiotics most likely treated his chlamydia infection and didn't fully treat your infection.
Assuming I believe he didn't cheat on me and knowing that I didn't cheat on him, can there be no other conclusion drawn?
you could have been passing back and forth the same chlamydia infection to each other because you were both having sex and not getting properly treated prior to being seen by a doctor.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)