Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I woke up with soreness on glans of penis, I exercise often.

Customer Question

I woke up with soreness on glans of penis, I exercise often. It seems chafed and sore and not from intercourse. Any treatment. Never had this before
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello -- It would seem from your history that there are a few possible causes You history sounds that you may just have irritation from your exercise...a mild abrasion from friction such as with running may be the case... I would suggest try getting some Desitin CREAM which is good skin protectant and may help this to heal if it is an abrasion... if that is the case then it should heal for you in 2 to 3 days. rest from exercise for several days watch for signs that it could be a fungal infection or other ...watch for redness.scaling , itching, bumps, blisters,or ulcers posting a picture to this page may be helpful if you wish to.. watching it as it heals or develops tomorrow and next day will clarify what is going on I would expect be careful and gentle with cleansing the skin...I hope that this is helpful Let me know if you have further questions or discussion I will be happy to get back with you If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards, ***** ***** MD