Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Can i take viagra when i,m taking verapamil for high blood

Customer Question

can i take viagra when i,m taking verapamil for high blood presure
Category: Health
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i,m 82 will viagra work for me
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Yes Verapamil is not a problem to take along with Viagra. (it is mainly nitrates for angina that are a potential problem) Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker and is not that class..
Viagra tends to work for 90 percent of those with ED. You may want to give it several tries if you fail to get good results the first time. You want to take it 30 minutes to an hour before having sex as this allows it time to get in to your system. You still need sexual stimulation as normal with Viagra>> it is not that you sit reading a newspaper and wait for an erection to occur.. it does not work in that way.
If it does not work well for you then the dose might be increased. Typical start dose is 50mg and it may be dosed up to 100mg..
Other factors may be checked if you still have trouble. It is also common at age 82 that your testosterone may be low and that may need to be addressed as well...
I hope that this information is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD