How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 29245
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 41years old.My BP has been consistently at 157/97mmHg.

Customer Question

Hi I'm Seun. I am 41years old.My BP has been consistently at 157/97mmHg. I am not obese, not smoking nor drinking. What can i do to reduce it apart from drug?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Your blood pressure is moderately elevated.
Medications are recommended like lisinopril, amlodipine etc.
Low dose medication will not cause side effects usually.
Naturally, you can try potassium and magnesium supplements, ginkgo biloba, fish oil and garlic supplements.
Garlic 400 mg daily capsule; fish oil 3 grams daily; Magnesium 400 mg daily.
Please check with your doctor also.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****