Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had bad fall on left artificial knee 6 days ago swelling…

Customer Question
I had bad fall on...
I had bad fall on left artificial knee 6 days ago swelling has gone down a good bit but doc says I have a large hematobin swelling Ben given antibiotics a lot of pain in knee should I go for my X-ray just now or wait till next week when more swelling will be down
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
6/26/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
You should get the x-ray now. A bad fall may cause a hair line fracture or tiny chip of bone fragment. In your age group; osteoporosis is not uncommon which may weaken the bones. So even a trivial trauma may cause bony injury. Thus x-ray is advisable instead of waiting till next week.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
Sorry I have artificial knees
Do you mean that you have total knee replacement? This involves the artificial knee prosthesis to be fit on the bones. So bony injury can occur on those segments where the artificial knee was fitted. Prosthesis too can break.
It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
Thank you.
Wishing you all the very best in life.