Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I notice I have some sticky substance on scalp in area about…

Customer Question
I notice I have some...
I notice I have some brown sticky substance on scalp in area about maybe 2"x2" or less. I thought it was tree sap.since I work outdoors as a landscaper. But I comb hair and there seems to have this stuff comb out or collects on comb to make it very dirty looking.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
6/24/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Since when are you having it?
Do you have any pain, itching or any other symptom?
Is there any smell?
Notice about a week. No pain, not itchy. Again thought it was tree sap. But in combing this morning, I'm wondering why is my comb so dirty looking!
Did you wash your head or scalp or take bath in these 7 days?
shower every day and wash hair. Oh and doesn't seem to have any smell. My hair is not greasy.
More info, it was sticky after showering and washing hair, but since dry it is not sticky. Maybe scabby?
Thank you for the information,
This does not seem to be tree sap.
With bathing, washing, sap would go away.
This is likely due to a scab formation, scaly skin.
This can form from dermatitis, seborrhea or increased sweating.
Fungal infection can be there too.
I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.
You can try antifungal cream like lamisil.
Hydrocortisone cream can be added too.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.