Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I am in a great deal of pain. It's nerve pain. I have herpes

and i usually brake out...
I am in a great deal of pain. It's nerve pain. I have herpes and i usually brake out on my right in the back of my thigh. it starts with Sciatica for 3 days then I brake out. So I know what Sciatica and nerve pain is related to what muscular pain is...it's totally different. Today when woke up I Sciatica on my LEFT leg all the way down to the bottom of my foot. I didn't feel good today so I took a 4 hour nap and when I awoke from my nap the nerve pain is now mostly on the TOP of my left thigh and from my left buttock up to the middle of my torso all the way around to my belly button. So from my upper buttock to the middle of my spine all the way around to my belly button, and the top of my left thigh. It hurts constantly with the occational severe stabbing pain. I think I may be going to brake out with Shingles. I started taking my acyclovir this morning, and i also have been taking gabapentin 300mg. today and ibu's 800. Is there anything else I should be doing? ANother question is.If i do brake out with shingles can I get the shingles shot in the future to prevent this from happening again? Thank you for your time and ANY thing I can do for myself to relive this awful nerve pain.
6/20/2015
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Do you have blisters/bumps on one side?
Itching,burning sensation?
Stress and anxiety issues?
Thanks.
Waiting for your response.
I have severe anxiety and stress issues with extended family health issues and how it's disrupting my home (immediate family) I have no itching right now. All afternoon it's been SUPER hypersensitive to touch. I even had to take my sweats off b/cuz of the elastic waistband. I put my light nightgown on and it is brushing against my skin it's so sensitive. It still hurts with the sciatica going down the back of my left leg also and even when I go to the bathroom to pee sitting down on the cold toilet seat hurts almost burns. My daughter touched my back today and it sent me through the roof. But it hurts on the TOP of my thigh as well and my torso from my spine to my belly button.
There is a burning sensation b/cuz of the hypersensitivity
This is Horrific.
I don't want to take any narcotics, ( have a partial script of norcos from a dentist procedure) b/cuz I am a recovering addict.
It’s my first priority to serve you.
Thanks for providing more information.
Well as you describe,your current symptoms are more associated with Nerve impingement at lumbo sacral spine.
And you should do gentle massage and apply warm compresses on lower back,buttock and thigh.
Chances of shingles are less with your current symptoms.However if you develop painful blisters with severe pain in next few days then consult your doctor for a clinical examination.
Physical therapy can be effective in sciatic pain.
Continue gabapentin and Motrin.
Shingles most commonly occurs in people ages 50 years old or older.
The vaccine has been approved for people ages 50 or older.
There is no specific time that a person must wait after having shingles before receiving the shingles vaccine.
But in clinical practice, it's never given closer than 3 months.
If your symptoms are getting worse over the time then consult your doctor ASAP.
If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)