How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17814
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Red swollen bump on my inner thigh. How to get rid of it?

Customer Question

I think I have Pyogenic granuloma in my inner thigh. It looks like a red bloody inside bump. What are over the counter remedy could I use to remove it?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
When did it develop?
How large is it?
Did you have trauma? did you use any medicine?
Is there any pain or other symptom?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It started about a year ago as a small white looking bump ( about 1/8") with no pain or discomfort when touched.

But about 2 days ago it grow up to 1/8" and became red.

Yes, I can feel discomfort when touching it.

No, I didn't have any trauma.

No, I am not taking any medicine.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.

As it appeared as white bump about a year ago, it can be sebaceous cyst. Now it has become red, there can be inflammation or infection. You can try over the counter Neosporin cream. If it gets worse or persists, I feel you should get an examination by doctor in person.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I use any remedies to remove it? Like freeze it with chemicals? My question is how I can remove it permanently, not just treat it.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
You should not try over the counter chemicals.
It can cause burn, infection.
Bleeding can occur.
It can regress spontaneously.
It can be removed by laser therapy or minor incision.
If not removed properly, it can recur.
I would advise to take an examination by a dermatologist.