How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 31205
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been having a burning sensation at the tip if

Customer Question

Hello. I have been having a burning sensation at the tip if my penis for quite some time now. It was diagnosed as a yeast infection but it hasn't went after after a few weeks. I even applied topical cream everyday, and also tried taking a single dose of diflucan. I'm still getting the burning feeling usually after I pee. It almost feels like there's a small amount of liquid left inside the shaft that wont come out. I also have two small white head like bumps on the shaft of my penis... I've been tested for std's and uti.. So i'm starting to lose hope for a cure to my problem.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi and sorry for the delay.
Have you had a urine culture and a digital (finger in the rectum) prostate exam?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done multiple urine tests but no prostate exam.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. It sounds like you have prostatitis--a prostate infection--with referred symptoms to the tip of your penis. You need the prostate exam, a urine culture if that hasn't been done, and I would give you a four week course of either Septra DS or Cipro to clear this up.
You should ask your doctor about this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are either of these available over the counter in Canada?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The Septra is in the US but I'm not sure about Canada--any pharmacist at a drug store could let you know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything I can do temporarily to ease the discomfort?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Something like this will help, along with either cranberry juice or cranberry tablets