Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Dr Chip. Not sure you remember me. Stomach guy! I was

Customer Question
diagnosed with C-Diff. Went on...
Dr Chip. Not sure you remember me. Stomach guy! I was diagnosed with C-Diff. Went on Falxeryl( I can't spell it!) for 15 days beginning May 5. My test came back today positive again!! Today. It said . C-diff strain detected and C- diff toxins , not detected.
I don't know what that means?? I am back on Flax until tomorrow and my doctor wants me to pick up Vancomycin. The pain has not left and I was told because I had it so long it would take time to heal. But it never was gone. I am so p***** right now and tired
of the pain. Not sue if it's warrented or not. Dr Chip I have been exercising, nutrition and when I feel well it's really noticeable. But that does not happen much. While I go through this no matter what I do my guts are raw. I have only been taking Zantac
150 mg twice daily. Can you suggest anything the could ease and or speed up recovery. I am taking a probiotic called Flora.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
6/18/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
my friend, of course I remember you.
Sometimes it takes what you're taking now to clear up a C diff infection and the Vanco should do the trick. The probiotic is a great idea and you can also try brewer's yeast and PeptoBismol along with plenty of fluids.
But otherwise you're just going to have to bite the bullet until the Vanco does it's thing
Online it shows some wild side effects for "Vanco" my Doctor kept referring to diarea today. I do not have diarrhea. He said with c- diff I would have to??? He confuses me lol....
What do you think of adding coconut oil 1 tablespoon per protein shake??
No, C diff doesn't always cause diarrhea and if you aren't having any then in fact the infection is somewhat under control right now. Have to go for now my friend but get back to me tomorrow if need be.
And the coconut oil is an excellent idea
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)