Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Past two years I have not felt hunger pains at all.

Customer Question

For the past two years I have not felt hunger pains at all. Often I eat just because I know I have to. However, I could go days without eating until I feel weak. Over the last four months, I have noticed two swollen lymph nodes under my chin. One about 1.5 cm. I have also noticed three smaller nodes in my neck. Lately, I have been feeling very nauseas after I eat anything. I have gone to rhe doctor constantly to get nodes checked but they all say there is nothing to be worried about. I also suffer from anxiery and worry. Therefore, I am scared that this is something very serious. Should I be considered?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me all the blood tests you've had?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe a complete blood count test
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
As in a CBC? What about liver and kidney functions, thyroid function, cortisol levels, vitamin levels, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that's right. I also had the liver and kidney enzymes looked at as well, I believe. I am unsure about thyroid function, cortisol and vitamin levels.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--sorry if this scares you but have you been screened for HIV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I have not, I'm not sure how I would get that tho. I have been in contact with any needles and I have had the same sexual partner for four years who has been tested.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should I get tested for that? I am concerned it's a form of cancer. Such as stomach or lymphoma?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. What exactly did your doctor tell you about the nodes?
And have you been screened for mononucleosis with an EBV viral titer or a mono spot test?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well four months ago I got the one on thee left side looked at and they said not to worry. Now four months later I atill have the one on left side. I got an ultra sound on it and it measures 1.5 cm and the technician said benign. How ever since then I have had one appear on the other side under chin and small ones on neck. I just recently got been checked, last week. And the doctor looked at all of them plus groin and armpits and was not concerned.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not been screened for any of those other things you just listed.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for all the questions--
Have you been screened for an H pylori stomach infection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No worries, I want to know what is wrong. And no I have not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would something like that last two years and cause these symptoms?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK We can certainly continue after this if you'd like
From what you've told me I don't think we're dealing with any cancer--leukemia, lymphoma, or any other
I would do the mono and EBV screening since that may all this is.
That said, you also need thyroid screening, B12 and vitamin D levels checked, and cortisol levels checked.
But also I would do the H pylori screen. And any of those, untreated, could last two years or longer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow thank you so much for all your help. I am ask my doctor to get those tested. Would it be ok if we continued contact? If so, is there a certain way to contact you. Thank you for all your help, it is greatly appreciated!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Entirely my pleasure. I'd ask you to rate my service on this page and then we can continue on this page, although it would be better to start a new page using this link
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-doctorchip
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Take care