Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

If i was formed that i tested positive for type 2 herpies,

Customer Question

If i was formed that i tested positive for type 2 herpies, how long could i have had it? I get tested yearly for std's. Could i have had the antibodies and it just didnt come up on a test years ago, or does it mean i just recently came into contact. I have had shingles a few years ago. I know that is also a herpie virus. I have been with the same man for the past 2 yrs, could i have had type 2 prior to meeting him ? Is it possible i was just in a dormid state ? Or does he maybe bave the virus and he is dormid
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--can you give me the specific report of the test--as in were both IgG and IgM antibodies tested for?