Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

If i was formed that i tested positive for type 2 herpies,

Customer Question
how long could i have...
If i was formed that i tested positive for type 2 herpies, how long could i have had it? I get tested yearly for std's. Could i have had the antibodies and it just didnt come up on a test years ago, or does it mean i just recently came into contact. I have had shingles a few years ago. I know that is also a herpie virus. I have been with the same man for the past 2 yrs, could i have had type 2 prior to meeting him ? Is it possible i was just in a dormid state ? Or does he maybe bave the virus and he is dormid
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
6/16/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Hi--can you give me the specific report of the test--as in were both IgG and IgM antibodies tested for?