How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask therapist325 Your Own Question
therapist325, Therapist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 100
Experience:  Licensed Professional counselor with experience in mental health issues, including crisis management.
Type Your Health Question Here...
therapist325 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get my son who 27 year old with serious mental

Customer Question

How do I get my son who 27 year old with serious mental issue in the hospital? He has no insurance and he has drain my financial capital...
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  therapist325 replied 2 years ago.
Hello-hoping I can help with your question a little. I'm sorry you are going through a difficult time. Mental health issues are so hard not only for the person who is living with it, but also on the family as a whole. Have you talked with your son about getting help and if you have was he open to trying hospitalization? It is not uncommon for individuals who are struggling with mental health issues to not be willing to seek help. When that happens the next steps really vary depending on where you live. Typically you would need a doctor, therapist or court to order involuntary hospitalization. Without insurance there is still going to be a cost for the hospitalization but there can be some financial help through the hospital. When someone is hospitalized there should be a case manager or transition coordinator that could help with how to get services for your son and get help for the financial portion. What do you think so far?