Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Last night I suddenly had double vision and felt very dizzy.

Customer Question
It happened just after I...
Last night I suddenly had double vision and felt very dizzy. It happened just after I lay down in bed to go to sleep. I didn't last very long. Today I've felt fine. I had just eaten some watermelon. Could there have been something wrong with the watermelon? Should I go to the ER now even though I'm fine?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
6/15/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Are you feeling any symptom after eating water melon?
I was waiting for your reply.
I noticed you did not see the info request & went offline.
I am sending the answer so that you can see it when you come on line.
If you have any query after reading it, please ask.
There can be a few possibilities for the double vision.
Those may come from cornea, lens or from muscles that move the eye.
In addition certain brain / nerve conditions like TIA or stroke, bleed, migraine may cause it.
It is unlikely to be related to watermelon.
If you are feeling fine since the episode, you can have an examination by doctor in the morning.
You may need CT/ MRI examination, if doctor feels so after an examination..
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.