Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Is there any other test that tests for mycotoxicity other…

Customer Question
is there any other test...
is there any other test that tests for mycotoxicity other than real time labs at 700.00? can you put your urine in a glass in the sun and see if it grows mold spores? I have a high powered live blood analysis microscope, i could take a look at what grows...
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
6/14/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
Could you please give some more details about your question?
What are your symptoms?
What are the investigations done?
mycotoxicity is known to cause otherwise rapid weight gain through the inflammatory process of endotoxins lipopolysaccharides. I want to test for them but the test costs 700.00 through real time labs which seems to be the gold standard for mycotoxin presence in the urine. so what i'm wondering is if i can put urine in a glass jar in the sun and grow the spores if they are there and then view them under my microscope to see which ones they are.Investigations: Using ozone rectal insufflation and a very potent candida killer (sodium chlorite) i am immediately getting candida strings and mucous out with some black specs in the beginning. Specifically, i want to know if there is a way other than a 700.00 lab test to test for mycotoxins. thanks
please just answer my question for the 30.00 i paid before asking me to pay more money when the first question hasn't been answered. thank you
Thanks for the further information.
How much weight you have gained in how much duration?
What is your age and gender?
Do you have any other symptoms except weight gain?
Sir, the additional service is optional as clearly mentioned.
Regards
can you please just answer the question about how to test for mycotoxicity other than the real time labs 700.00 service? a home way such as i suggested? or a home kit? I'm a well known healthcare practitioner; the client simply doesn't have that much money to pay out. I am a Ms. :) thank you
I would opt out. Some other expert may pick up your question.
Best
okay... hopefully there is a microbiologist in the wing -thank you.
Health Professional: A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 3 years ago
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Answers provided are for informational use only and don't confer patient-provider relationship. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to help you.
Unless the urine is from a catheterized specimen, it would almost assuredly contain some yeast (fungi). Whether these particular yeast would yield toxins is doubtful. All fungi yield some metabolic products, but few are toxic. Among them are aflatoxins and ochratoxins. Both are produced by fungal organisms that are commonly found in the vaginal flora as well as in common foods. In small quantities such as found in urine, they are harmless. Any urine not kept in sterile conditions will also accumulate fungi from the air.
The mycotoxicity tests from CLIA certified laboratories such as Real Time are the only way to truly say if the urine (or other body fluid) is contaminated with mycotoxins, and which ones.
All the best,
Schuyler
~
Thank you so much for your definitive answer - a nurse with a healthy microbiology education... yay!!!
You're so very welcome!
Good luck,
Schuyler
~
I'll keep your contact as I work in that world a lot and need technical help like this occasionally. thank you
what do you mean by catheterized? drawn from a catheter?
the patient would need to have a urine sample collected by sterile catheter to make sure it was not contaminated.
Thanks so much. I'm here for a while most days and would welcome your questions. Please remember to rate my answer so I am paid for my work.
All the best,
Schuyler
~
i just looked at my bank statement and a 40, 25 and $5 charge was taken from this org. I was only supposed to be charged a one time fee of 30. the original doctor could not answer the question and cancelled his involvement which is when you picked it up. please have this fixed or i'll have to call my bank and begin with the complaintsboard.com process online. i really detest this system of having my bank info and charging at will without my knowing or authorization. thank you
Those of us who answer questions have nothing to do with what a customer is charged. Please contact Customer Service by using the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page or emailing:***@******.***
I'm sorry for all the confusion, but I'm sure Customer Service will be able to answer any financial questions for you.
It's been my pleasure to help you with your questions.
All the best,
Schuyler
~