Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am experiencing pain in my right side that radiates into…

Customer Question
I am experiencing pain in...
I am experiencing pain in my right side that radiates into my back and down my right leg I initially thought it may be period cramps but it has become more serve of the last 12 hrs
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
6/14/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
When did the pain start?
Do you have any other symptom with it?
Did you have any trauma?
Did you take any medicine?
Approx 18 hours ago. No other symptons just this stabbing serve pain it does come and go but each time it gets worse
Thank you for the information,
There can be a few possibilities.
It does not seem to be period cramps.
The symptoms can be due to pinched nerve in the back.
This can occur in disc disease, arthritis of spine.
The pain can radiate down the leg.
Other possibilities can be urinary colic, neuropathy or other nerve diseases.
You can take some measures to alleviate the pain.
Antiinflammatory drugs like motrin or tylenol can be used to relieve the pain.
Muscle relaxants can be helpful.
Please avoid any activity which aggravates the pain like bending, lifting heavy weight.
I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.
Doctor can take a few tests like X ray, MRI, urine test to diagnose the problem.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.