Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a foot question. I am at least 100 lbs overweight. I…

I have a foot question...
I have a foot question. I am at least 100 lbs overweight. I have bunions (worse on my left foot), plantar facitis (both feet), a heel spur in my left heel, semi-high arches and the bottoms of my feet are hyper sensitive to anything. My podiatrist had me wearing rigid insoles for support but they made my feet hurt too much. I just picked up (have not worn yet) new insoles he re-did for me. I'm afraid to wear them though due to my toe pain. I can't see him until the middle of July so I'm asking you. I have hard bumps like calluses on my big toes but they hurt like blisters do. Also, I had my big toe nail removed due to ingrown toenail issues and now it's starting to grow back but it's hurting with the slightest touch and it doesn't look right. My main question is about doing something to reduce the pain until I can get an official diagnosis from my podiatrist.
6/13/2015
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
You can take antiinflammatory analgesics like motrin or naproxen, if there is no other contraindication.
Warm application can be soothing.
You can soak it in warm water.
If the ingrown nail does not look right, I would suggest to take an examination in urgent care.
An infection needs to be ruled out.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Regards.
Can blisters be hard? Can calluses hurt like blisters? I'm already taking ibuprofen and it's taking the edge off but that's it
Blisters are not hard but calluses can hurt like blisters.
Those can be quite painful particularly when touched or a pressure is applied on it.
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)