Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I may be worrying over nothing as I have OCD, but today one…

Hello, I may be worrying...
Hello, I may be worrying over nothing as I have OCD, but today one of my neighbours was pruning his roses, and there is no fence between us, unfortunately the rose bush fell over my garden while I was weeding and scratched me with its thorns, if he had pricked himself before the roses pricked me and he had HIV could I contract HIV by this ?
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2015
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hi. Really nothing to worry about here except for your OCD.

There is absolutely no way one can contract HIV in that manner

Thank you Dr, I seemed to have my OCD in control, but this week has been very stressful so I am very anxious. I have had panics about my dog picking up a used tissue in the street and eating it, it could have had blood on it, I also stepped on a nail in the street, outside my house, now my neighbour who I don't know could have stepped on it first and I could have contracted HIV, I feel like I don't want to go out into the world and shut myself away, but I force myself to do things, so that I can expose myself to the fear of HIV. Am I doing the right thing and could I contract HIV through the things I have mentioned or any other day to day things?
Did you actually get the nail stabbed into your foot? And since we're going to continue here you need to accept the offer more time offer I am sending you Jane
No I had boots on and I don't remember it going in my foot but felt something, any sharp thing I touch I am scared of HIV, like sharp packet edge of food items, I have had a tetanus
OK Jane then you can't get HIV that way or in any of the other ways you mentioned. Now if we're going to continue you either need to accept the offer more service or at least rate my answers to you so far.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)